1/1 Photo of Moroccan Style Couscous
1 hr 15 mins
Chef Nado's Note:
Always perfect tasting and easy to prepare. I tried several couscous recipes but was never happy with the ending result given the lack of flavor but now, I have customized my very own and I want to share it with you. Do not be intimidated by all the ingredients. I promise you it's easy! The fragrant aroma will definitely get you hungry even while cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 680.38 g boneless chicken thighs
- 946.36 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 14.79 ml oil
- 59.14 ml tomato paste
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground cayenne pepper
- 0.59 ml ground cinnamon
- 118.29 ml of dried raisins
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 453.59 g butternut squash, cubbed
- 2 turnips, cubbed
- 453.59 g carrot, cubbed
- 283.49 g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1In 1 tbsp of oil fry your garlic.
- 2Add spices and raisins cooking at low temperature to avoid the raisins from burning.
- 3Add your chicken broth combined with the tomato paste.
- 4Let your sauce boil for 10 minutes and taste to see whether or not you have sufficient flavor.
- 5Add in chicken thighs and cook for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- 6The last step is to add your vegetables and chickpeas. Cook until softened but not mushy.
- 7Serve on a bed of couscous along with harissa sauce if you like your dish to be spicy.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Style Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (839 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.7
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 143.0 mg
- Sodium 1252.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 42.2 g