Recipe by Walltop
This started out as Moroccan-Style Lamb Stew but my husband will not eat lamb and I am trying to reduce the fat in our diets. I made this last night and it really worked well.
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions
- 3 -5 garlic cloves
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes or 4 cups fresh tomatoes
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover chick peas with water and cook (about 1 hour, add water if needed).
- Add wine to raisens and let soak 1 hour to all day.
- After chick peas are cooked, saute sliced onions and garlic in olive oil for 5-10 minutes.
- Add chick peas, raisens in wine, tomatoes and spices.
- Simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Taste after 1 hour and add spices if needed.
- Serve over rice.