This recipe is from home economists Kathryn Moore and Roxanne Wyss, printed in the Sacramento Bee.
Make and share this Moroccan Style Chicken Skillet recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (5 7/8 ounce) box roasted garlic and olive oil couscous, prepared according to package directions
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until chicken is done, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook, stirring frequently, 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, pumpkin pie spice, chili powder and cumin.
- Simmer 5 minutes; add peas and chicken, and heat through. Stir in cilantro.
- Serve chicken mixture over hot couscous.
This was a fun recipe. I thought the spices were perfect, but i like my food spicey. I didn't have pumpkin pie spice, but the separate ingredients, so I created my own. This recipe was super easy, ans definitely flavorful.
I used tomato puree because that's what I had on hand, but otherwise I followed the recipe exactly. I felt like the cilantro was very overpowering and that it was far too tomatoey. Maybe more spices would help this, along with cutting back on the cilantro.