Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Found this on the net and thought everyone might like it.
Make and share this Moroccan-Style Butter Bean Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 1 lb butter beans
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 -3 teaspoons harissa
- 1 tablespoon coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle roasted peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) char-grilled eggplants
- 6 ounces feta cheese
- 1 (10 loaf) bag pita bread
- 6 ounces marinated olives
- Heat the oven to 320°F
- Wrap the garlic in foil, put on a baking tray and cook for 40 minutes until the cloves are very soft.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Squeeze the garlic purée out of each clove into a food processor.
- Add the butterbeans, olive oil, lemon juice, and harissa.
- Blend until almost smooth, then remove the blade and stir in the coriander and mint.
- Transfer to a small dish, drizzle with a little additional olive oil and serve with roasted peppers, char-grilled eggplant, feta cheese, warm flat-bread, sliced into 6 pieces per flatbread, and marinated olives.