Charlotte J's Note:
This sounds very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the bananas
For the filo parcel
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Heat a frying pan until hot, then add the butter and caster sugar.
- 3Add the bananas and fry until just golden, then set aside and allow to cool.
- 4Place one sheet of filo pastry onto a baking sheet and brush generously with some of the melted butter.
- 5Dust with half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon and one teaspoon of caster sugar.
- 6Repeat this layer and dusting with a second, third and fourth layer of filo pastry, butter, cinnamon and sugar.
- 7Place the bananas along the length of the middle of the top filo sheet.
- 8Place the apricots, almonds, honey and orange zest into a bowl and mix well.
- 9Spoon the apricot mixture over the top of the bananas.
- 10Fold the sides of the filo pastry over the filling and roll it over, so that the join is underneath.
- 11Spread with more of the melted butter and dust with icing sugar.
- 12Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until the filo is crisp and golden.
- 13To serve, cut the filo parcel into wedges and serve with a dollop of ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan-Style Banana, Apricot and Cinnamon Filo Parcel
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 543.7
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 48.2 mg
- Sodium 485.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 32.2 g
- Protein 7.6 g