Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This sounds very good.
For the bananas
- 3⁄4 ounce butter
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 banana, sliced into large chunks
For the filo parcel
- 4 ounces ready-made phyllo pastry
- 4 ounces butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons caster sugar
- 4 1⁄2 ounces dried apricots
- 1 1⁄2 ounces whole almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 orange, zest only
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar
- ice cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a frying pan until hot, then add the butter and caster sugar.
- Add the bananas and fry until just golden, then set aside and allow to cool.
- Place one sheet of filo pastry onto a baking sheet and brush generously with some of the melted butter.
- Dust with half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon and one teaspoon of caster sugar.
- Repeat this layer and dusting with a second, third and fourth layer of filo pastry, butter, cinnamon and sugar.
- Place the bananas along the length of the middle of the top filo sheet.
- Place the apricots, almonds, honey and orange zest into a bowl and mix well.
- Spoon the apricot mixture over the top of the bananas.
- Fold the sides of the filo pastry over the filling and roll it over, so that the join is underneath.
- Spread with more of the melted butter and dust with icing sugar.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until the filo is crisp and golden.
- To serve, cut the filo parcel into wedges and serve with a dollop of ice cream.