Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Moroccan stewed lentils are very flavorful and can be served as a side dish or entrée.
- 2 cups lentils
- 2 quarts water or 2 quarts vegetable stock
- 3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley or 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika (some hot, if desired)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a pressure cooker or pot. Add 2 quartsbof stock or water, and bring to a simmer.
- Cover, and simmer the lentils over medium heat about 1 1/2 hours, or until the lentils are tender and the sauce is not watery. (If the liquids reduce too much during cooking, add a little water to prevent the lentils from burning.) Adjust the seasoning if desired, and serve.
These are some really great lentils! They are nicely spiced without being overpowering. Easy and healthy, too. This works as a side or a thick soup. Thanx for posting!