Recipe by CaliforniaJan
Moroccan stewed lentils are very flavorful and can be served as a side dish or entrée.
- 2 cups lentils
- 2 quarts water or 2 quarts vegetable stock
- 3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley or 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika (some hot, if desired)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in a pressure cooker or pot. Add 2 quartsbof stock or water, and bring to a simmer.
- Cover, and simmer the lentils over medium heat about 1 1/2 hours, or until the lentils are tender and the sauce is not watery. (If the liquids reduce too much during cooking, add a little water to prevent the lentils from burning.) Adjust the seasoning if desired, and serve.