1/2 Photos of Moroccan Stewed Chicken
I got this recipe from my husbands Mens Health Magazine. I made a few tweaks, one of which was to use boneless skinless breasts rather than the boneless skinless thighs the recipe called for. By making these changes I was able to get the fat down from over 16 grams to a little over 5, and cut the calories by more than half! This went together quickly and was very delicious. The house smells heavenly while this is cooking! (This could easily be made vegetarian by omitting the chicken.)Would make an impressive dinner for guests with very little effort!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a deep saute pan over med-high heat. Salt and pepper the chicken place it in the pan. Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes each side until browned. Add zucchini and continue cooking, stirring occasionally.
- 2When the zucchini begin to brown add the garbanzo beans, water, tomatoes, cayenne, cumin, and cinnamon. Lower the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is tender and cooked through. (do not cover the pan).
- 3Season to taste with more salt and pepper and sprinkle with cilantro.
- 4Serve with steamed rice, or couscous.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Stewed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.4
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 486.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 31.8 g