Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
this is not really that Moroccan, as it is a combination of several things I had in my pantry the other day that I threw into a pot... but it is very, very good. The recipe makes a lot of food and altogether it costs about $7.00.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby carrots, chopped
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can cooked chicken (or you can boil a couple of chicken breasts yourself)
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cancut tomatoes, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- heat olive oil in a large deep skillet or dutch oven over med-high heat. Add garlic, onion and carrots. stir until vegetables soften (3-4 mins).
- Add remaining ingredients (except raisins and peanut butter). Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes.
- Stir in raisins and peanut butter. Mix well. Simmer 5 more minutes.
- Very good served over rice.
I made this tonight for dinner using the exact recipe (sans raisins) and it was FANTASTIC. My husband and I both give it rave reviews and we have leftovers for lunch tomorrow. I can't wait to make this for family gatherings!