Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another one I've been meaning to try ...
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves (minced or crushed)
- 1 cup carrot, sliced in 1/8-inch rounds
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 12 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice (about 4 cups)
- 3 large tomatoes, ripe, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 cups garbanzo beans, cooked (chickpeas)
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes.
- Add carrots, green bell pepper, spices, and 1/4 cup water. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for about 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Stir several times during cooking.
- Serve over couscous, rice, or any other grain.