Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Jazz up tuna with Moroccan spices for a super fast meal.
Make and share this Moroccan-Spiced Tuna recipe from Food.com.
- 1 ounce cilantro (leaves and stalks)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 (8 ounce) tuna steaks, each about 1in thick
- Put the cilantro, garlic, spices and lemon juice into a blender and blitz to a paste. With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil until you get a smooth, thick sauce. Set aside.
- Sit the tuna steaks in a non-metallic dish and cover with two-thirds of the sauce.
- Cover with plastic wrap, then leave to marinate in the fridge for about 20 mins (or for up to 4hrs).
- Heat a griddle pan or broiler. Shake off any excess marinade, season the tuna steaks, then cook for 2-4 mins, depending on thickness for medium rare, turning once (cook 2 mins more for well done).
- Drizzle over the remaining sauce paste to finish.
- Try serving with new potatoes; for a Moroccan twist, toss melted butter, harissa spice mix and chopped cilantro leaves through the potatoes.
It was very easy but it seemed to overpower the fish, but I think I might try it on chicken next time. The flavors are nice.