Recipe by HokiesMom
Posted for ZWT6: NA*ME Region - Morocco. Wow this sounds so delicious so now I can't wait to purchase a nice spaghetti squash and try this out! Feel free to adjust the cayenne to your "spice" needs as I'm usually pretty light on tongue tingling spices!
- 4 lbs spaghetti squash (whole)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Pierce squash (about an inch deep) all over with a small sharp knife to prevent bursting. Cook in an 800-watt microwave oven on high power (100 percent) for 6 to 7 minutes. Turn squash over and microwave until squash feels slightly soft when pressed, 8 to 10 minutes more. Cool squash for 5 minutes. (You can also bake the squash in a preheated 350°F oven for 1 to 1 1/4 hours).
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, about 1 minute -- don't let this burn. Stir in spices and salt and remove from heat.
- Carefully halve squash lengthwise (this will let off steam so be very careful!) and remove seeds (throw them away or compost them). Over a bowl, scrape squash flesh with a fork, loosening and separating strands as you remove it. Toss with spiced butter and cilantro. Serve immediately.