Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love that this recipe uses butternut squash and sweet potatoes. They are so good roasted.
Make and share this Moroccan-Spiced Roasted Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs shallots, quartered
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 lbs butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 4 large red bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cut into bits
- Preheat 375°. Mix shallots with 1 tablespoon oil and roast in a shallow baking pan in lower third of oven 25 minutes.
- Mix together squash, bell peppers, sweet potatoes, salt, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and remaining 3 tablespoons oil. Add roasted shallots and divide between 2 large shallow baking pans.
- Dot vegetables in each pan with half of butter and roast in upper and lower thirds of oven, stirring occasionally and switching position of pans halfway through roasting, until vegetables are tender, about 45 minutes total.
Wonderful combinations of flavors! Cut the recipe down to serve 3 as there was only two of us . The white of the sweet potato (garnet yams are orange), the red of the bell pepper and the orange of the butternut squash enable this dish to look as exquisite as it taste. Thanks so much for the post.