1/9 Photos of Moroccan Spiced Roast Potatoes
1 hr 10 mins
These potatoes are my favourite kind- crispy, flavourful and delicious! The spice paste here is my Moroccan spice paste with added olive oil but I've copied it out here in full to make the recipe easier to use. Cooking time includes time for the spices to blend. Thanks to a review, here is a suggestion if using a convection oven- cook for 40 minutes total, the first 15 mins at 350F and thereafter turn it up to 400F.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs potatoes, suitable for roasting
For the spice paste
- 1Mince/crush the garlic and set aside in a bowl.
- 2Add the other spice paste ingredients and mix.
- 3Cover and leave for at least an hour before using, for the flavours to blend.
- 4After 30 minutes, preheat the oven to 300°F or 150°C (this is the temperature I use although my oven is fan-assisted so if yours is not, you may wish to use a slightly higher temperature).
- 5Peel and quarter the potatoes (cut larger potatoes into smaller chunks).
- 6Simmer them in a pan of boiling water for 5-6 minutes.
- 7Drain the potatoes and gently shake them in the pan to roughen the edges (this produces crispy roasties!).
- 8Put the potatoes in a roasting tray. Add the spice paste and toss to coat the potatoes completely.
- 9Bake for 30 minutes, or until done, turning halfway through cooking.
- 10Serve hot and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Spiced Roast Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.4
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 407.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 6.5 g