Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A simple main or side dish from Australian Good Taste magazine. Go without the yoghurt to make it a vegan dish.
- 750 g kent pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 500 g frozen broad beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 400 g chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 30 g toasted pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped fresh coriander
- skim yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the pumpkin, oil, cumin, coriander, cinnamon and ginger in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Gently toss until pumpkin is coated in spice mixture.
- Place, in a single layer, on the lined tray. Bake in oven, turning occasionally, for 30 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the broad beans in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 5 minutes or until bright green and heated through. Refresh under cold running water. Drain, then remove and discard skins.
- Bring the stock to the boil over high heat. Remove from heat and add the couscous while stirring with a fork. Cover with a lid and set aside for 5 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork to separate the grains. Transfer to a large bowl and add the pumpkin, broad beans, chickpeas, pine nuts, lemon juice and coriander and gently toss until well combined.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve with yoghurt, if desired.
Fabulous - east and delicious. I forgot to soak and cook chick peas so I opened a can of mixed beans. Excellent recipe, thnaks for posting