Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
from today's paper this looks like another great weeknight meal
Make and share this Moroccan Spiced Lamb Chops recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 pinch clove
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper (or use 2 tsp of ground mixed pepper)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 8 lamb rib chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- in a small bowl combine spices.
- sprinkle on both sides of lamb chops, save the rest for another dish.
- heat oil in skillet, add lamb and cook 5-10 minutes per side for med rare to medium.
I made this recipe as part of the Pick-A-Chef cook-off. I know I was supposed to chose an unreviewed recipe but this one really struck my fancy. My husband and I have been into trying new lamb recipes lately and we both like different combinations of spices. The spice rub had an excellent and complex flavor the went well with the lamb. We cooked them on the stove but I think they would be wonderful done on the grill, too. Very tender and juicy. Thanks Chia.
Hi Chia; Made this recipe last night and it was absolutely super-great. I did add 2 garlic cloves, sliced and 1 teaspoon of fresh Rosemary, finely chopped. I cooked the lamb chops for 5 minutes on each side. They browned so nice with the spice coating and tasted so good. I cooked them medium to medium rare, and Oh, WOW, so delicious. This is a big hit and I will be making it again many more times. Thanks, I am glad I found your recipe. "Uncle Bill"
these were a nice change from plain lamb chops. we made them on the grill instead of in the pan, and they came out delicious. the flavor was good and not overpowering. definitely will make again. thanks!