Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
We love lamb and the flavors are so wonderful. I have made this for company and even my 3 yr old likes them. I subscribe to Bon Appetite magazine and got the recipe from there.
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 3⁄4 lbs ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 beets, boiled, peeled, cut into 1/3-inch cubes
- 1 large orange, peel and pith cut away, flesh cut into 1/3-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pitted green Greek olive
- lettuce, and
- I like to make the salsa earlier to let the flavors work together but it isn't needed. To make the salsa whisk first 3 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Mix in next 4 ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Can cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours.
- For burgers: Stir shallot, cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, salt, black pepper, paprika, and cumin in large bowl to blend. Add lamb and mix gently to combine. Shape mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick patties. Arrange on small baking sheet.
- Grill buns, cut side down, until golden, about 2 minutes; transfer to work surface. Place lettuce and large spoonful of salsa on each bun bottom. Grill burgers until slightly charred and cooked to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Place 1 burger on each bun. Top each with mayonnaise and bun top. Serve with remaining salsa.
Delicious way to have burger! I didn't use mayo and had no cilantro but followed the recipe to the letter otherwise, and it was utterly yummy. The salsa was particularly good, very refreshing. Will make this again! Thanks for sharing :)
Made for N*A*M*E travels to Morocco 11/2012