Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We love lamb and the flavors are so wonderful. I have made this for company and even my 3 yr old likes them. I subscribe to Bon Appetite magazine and got the recipe from there.
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 3⁄4 lbs ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 beets, boiled, peeled, cut into 1/3-inch cubes
- 1 large orange, peel and pith cut away, flesh cut into 1/3-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pitted green Greek olive
- lettuce, and
- I like to make the salsa earlier to let the flavors work together but it isn't needed. To make the salsa whisk first 3 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Mix in next 4 ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Can cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours.
- For burgers: Stir shallot, cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, salt, black pepper, paprika, and cumin in large bowl to blend. Add lamb and mix gently to combine. Shape mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick patties. Arrange on small baking sheet.
- Grill buns, cut side down, until golden, about 2 minutes; transfer to work surface. Place lettuce and large spoonful of salsa on each bun bottom. Grill burgers until slightly charred and cooked to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Place 1 burger on each bun. Top each with mayonnaise and bun top. Serve with remaining salsa.