Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Plan ahead, the chicken needs to marinate 6-10 hours.
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (or 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Mix the marinade ingredients (yogurt, cilantro, olive oil, garlic, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper) together in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the chicken pieces to the bowl and thoroughly coat with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator from 6 to 10 hours.
- Heat your grill on high heat if you are using a gas grill, or prepare coals for direct heat if you are using charcoal. If you do not have a grill you can use a cast-iron grill pan on your stove.
- Grill the chicken breasts a few minutes on each side, until cooked through. Take care not to overcook, as chicken breasts can easily dry out.
Delicious! I had to fry these in my iron frying pan as my bbq isn't working. I also used coriander rather than cilantro. The mixture of spices is wonderful. Made for ZWT7