Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Spiced white fish served over a bed of mashed sweet potatoes. You can use commercial harissa, or there are several recipes for it here on Food.com. Tilapia or cod works well.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon harissa
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄8 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 piece fresh gingerroot, peeled and finely grated (about 1-inch)
- 2 white fish fillets, skinless
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 350°F Coat a small baking dish (big enough to just hold fish filets) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook the sweet potatoes in boiling, salted water for about 10 minutes or until just tender when pierced with a knife.
- Meanwhile, mix together the butter with the garlic, harissa, lemon zest, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- When the potatoes are ready, drain thoroughly, mash with the ginger and salt and pepper; keep warm.
- Place the fish in baking pan, season with salt and pepper, then spread half the butter mixture over each fillet. Bake for about 8 minutes until just cooked through.
- Serve with the mashed sweet potatoes.