1/12 Photos of Moroccan Spiced Chickpea Soup
1 hr 10 mins
susie cooks's Note:
This recipe looks really good. It is from Dave Lieberman (Food Network). I recently took a cooking class from him and it was great. So I am trusting that this will be great too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 3 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 (5 ounce) package prewashed Baby Spinach
- 1Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- 2Add garlic and onions and saute until onions are translucent (lower heat if browning starts to occur).
- 3Add spices and saute for 1 minute.
- 4Add tomatoes, chickpeas, broth and sugar.
- 5Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 6Stir. Make sure chickpeas are covered with liquid. If needed, add a little more broth.
- 7Simmer gently for 45 minutes.
- 8Remove soup from heat.
- 9Use a potato masher to mash up some of the chickpeas.
- 10Stir in spinach and heat through.
- 11Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Spiced Chickpea Soup
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.1
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 660.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 12.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: