Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Moroccan Spiced Chicken with Almonds and Dates recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs chicken parts
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and cut into 1/4 inch slices (about 1 cup)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pitted and quartered dates
- 1⁄3 cup whole blanched almond
- Coat chicken with flour.
- Heat oil in large deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add half of chicken; brown about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove from skillet.
- Repeat browning step with remaining chicken, adding onion.
- Return all chicken to skillet.
- Combine cinnamon, cumin, ginger and turmeric in small bowl; add to chicken.
- Stir to evenly coat chicken and onions with spices; saute 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in broth, lemon juice and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Stir in dates and almonds and cook, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over cooked basmati rice.