My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2-4 lbs chicken parts
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and cut into 1/4 inch slices (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pitted and quartered dates
- 1/3 cup whole blanched almond
- 1Coat chicken with flour.
- 2Heat oil in large deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- 3Add half of chicken; brown about 5 minutes per side.
- 4Remove from skillet.
- 5Repeat browning step with remaining chicken, adding onion.
- 6Return all chicken to skillet.
- 7Combine cinnamon, cumin, ginger and turmeric in small bowl; add to chicken.
- 8Stir to evenly coat chicken and onions with spices; saute 1-2 minutes.
- 9Stir in broth, lemon juice and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 10Reduce heat to medium-low.
- 11Stir in dates and almonds and cook, covered, for 20 minutes.
- 12Uncover and simmer another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 13Serve over cooked basmati rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Spiced Chicken with Almonds and Dates
Serving Size: 1 (607 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1139.9
- Calories from Fat 558
- Total Fat 62.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 308.3 mg
- Sodium 1037.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 26.1 g
- Protein 103.3 g