1/1 Photo of Moroccan Spiced Chicken Stew With Carrots
2 hrs 5 mins
Warm spices and golden raisins enhance the carrots in this tender chicken stew.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 carrots, scrubbed and cut into 1-1/2 inch lengths
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaf (optional)
- gluten-free curry gravy mix (optional)
- 1Place carrots in an oven-proof pot.
- 2Toss chicken with spices; add to pot.
- 3Pour chicken broth overtop.
- 4Cover and bake at 350* for 1 1/2-2 hours, until chicken is tender.
- 5Add raisins and cook 10 minutes more.
- 6Top with cilantro leaves, if desired.
- 7Mix cooking liquid with curry gravy powder until thickened, if desired, and serve overtop of chicken.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Spiced Chicken Stew With Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.4
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 524.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 31.0 g