Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Warm spices and golden raisins enhance the carrots in this tender chicken stew.
- 3 -4 carrots, scrubbed and cut into 1-1/2 inch lengths
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf (optional)
- gluten-free curry gravy mix (optional)
- Place carrots in an oven-proof pot.
- Toss chicken with spices; add to pot.
- Pour chicken broth overtop.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 1 1/2-2 hours, until chicken is tender.
- Add raisins and cook 10 minutes more.
- Top with cilantro leaves, if desired.
- Mix cooking liquid with curry gravy powder until thickened, if desired, and serve overtop of chicken.