Recipe by dicentra
From 365 Low Fat. Served cold.
Top Review by luvcook'n
This is a wonderful soup with a bit of heat! Made the recipe as posted with the exception of the cardamom and coriander...both of which I didn't have on hand. I served it warm Naan bread for dipping. Oh...and one more thing...I served it warm as we are still wrapped in winter here. Will make it cold for the summer. Thank you for posting!!!!
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups carrots, peeled and chunked
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, melt margarine. Add scallions and cook over medium heat until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add curry powder, coriander, and cardamom; cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add carrots and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and cover, and simmer until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, puree mixture, in batches if necessary, until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Dollop each serving with 1 T yogurt or sour cream.
- Garnish with fresh mint. Serve cold.