Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cheap, healthy and easy salad. For a variation, try using curry powder in place of the cumin or adding a handful of raisins (soaked in hot water first).
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1⁄2 orange, juiced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil
- fresh coriander (optional)
- fresh parsley (optional)
- Mix the grated carrots with the orange juice and cumin.
- Season with sugar, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle over a couple tablespoons each of chopped coriander and parsley, if desired.
Very simple and delicious! Love the combination of orange and cumin, I used parsley and instead of sugar used splenda. Just made a small amount for 2 as a side for a chicken leg supper. I will be making it again, thanks for posting!
Very good. Tried it with curry and also added some soaked raisins. Will make again.
This recipe was DELICIOUS! I suggest refrigerating overnight to let the flavors meld. I added raisins and used half cumin/half curry and turned out great. Thanks!