Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Cooking Light. "Fresh mint gives this dish a pleasant aroma. Dried cranberries offer a hint of sweetness. Use any other dried fruit you like in their place: Try golden raisins, currants, dried cherries, or chopped dried apricots."
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄3 cups uncooked bulgur
- 1⁄2 cup matchstick-cut carrot
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained (garbanzo beans)
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
- Combine boiling water and bulgur in a large bowl. Cover and let stand 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Add bulgur, carrots, and remaining ingredients to juice mixture, and toss well to coat. Cover and chill.