Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
Adapted from Epicurious via Gourmet magazine(1998), this is easy and spicy good!
Make and share this Moroccan Spiced Beef recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 (1/2 lb) boneless rib-eye steak (a or steak, of your choice (3/4 inch-thick)
- Prepare grill.
- In a shallow bowl stir together all ingredients except steaks. Add steaks and rub with spice mixture. Let steaks stand, covered, at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Grill steaks on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals about 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare. (Or you can broil steaks under a preheated broiler 3 to 4 inches from heat.).
- Serve steaks with chutney. Enjoy!
I thought this was a wonderful beef dish. It wouldn't really consider it spicy, but it was flavorful. I actually added extra cinnamon and cumin to my individual serving. DH wasn't overly enthusiastic, but said he would eat it again if I made it...he just preferred his same 'ol steak instead. DS#1 loved it, and DS#2 liked it as well. Thanks for a refreshing change of pace! Made for ZWT#3.