Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This creates a wonderful paste that can be used in a variety of ways- roasting meat, vegetables, grilling sausages, with rice or couscous. The flavours blend to make a vibrant, warm dish.
- 4 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper (not ground)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Mince/crush the garlic and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the other ingredients and mix.
- Cover and leave for at least an hour before using, for the flavours to blend.
- Use as a rub for meat or dilute with extra olive oil and roast with your choice of vegetables.
This has ingredients in it that I always have on hand, so it is easy to throw together. I used it on Recipe #377030. Thanks for sharing!
This is an easy paste to whip together and it adds interest to the dish where it is used. We brought it along on a camping trip and used it on vegetables cooked kebab style over the fire pit. Delish. Made for 'went to the market'