Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This creates a wonderful paste that can be used in a variety of ways- roasting meat, vegetables, grilling sausages, with rice or couscous. The flavours blend to make a vibrant, warm dish.
- 4 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper (not ground)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Mince/crush the garlic and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the other ingredients and mix.
- Cover and leave for at least an hour before using, for the flavours to blend.
- Use as a rub for meat or dilute with extra olive oil and roast with your choice of vegetables.
This has ingredients in it that I always have on hand, so it is easy to throw together. I used it on Moroccan Spiced Roast Potatoes. Thanks for sharing!
This is an easy paste to whip together and it adds interest to the dish where it is used. We brought it along on a camping trip and used it on vegetables cooked kebab style over the fire pit. Delish. Made for 'went to the market'