Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This lively blend works well with chicken, swordfish and tuna. From EatingWell: May/June 1995
Make and share this Moroccan Spice Mix recipe from Food.com.
- 1 grated orange, zest of (1 tablespoon)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon hot chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, preferably kosher
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Mix ingredients together thoroughly.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one (1) year.
The combination of flavors in this is wonderful! I used a mild chili powder so my three year old could eat it too. We made the Spiced Chicken recipe with it and the whole family loved it!
This went well with the Tilapia I had yesterday, as well as the grilled vegetables I had last night, and the chicken I had today. It is a great blend with a ton of versatility that I am glad to appreciate.
What a great spice mix! Nice blend of "hot" spices and "sweet" spices that is perfect for chicken. I used this on your Moroccan-Spiced Chicken Breasts and we really enjoyed it - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT6, Zwizzle Chicks