Recipe by SparkleKristy
This is more delicious that imaginable for being so simple and meat free. Even a meat eater will love it. I took this recipe from "The Accidental Vegetarian" Cookbook.
- 10 ounces whole wheat spaghetti, dried
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, I used less
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted, finely chopped
- 8 roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 1 cup almonds, toasted, silvered
- 2⁄3 cup chickpeas, canned, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch of each cilantro, parsley and mint leaves, fresh, finely chopped, reserve some for garnish
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti in salted water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the tomatoes and spices and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes until tomatoes break down.
- Season the sauce, then add the almonds and chickpeas.
- Fold the herbs into the sauce. then add the pasta to the pot with the sauce and toss.
- Plate it up and add a garnish of fresh herbs.