ZWT3 is coming soon! This is from Cooking Light
Make and share this Moroccan Shrimp With Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup mixed dried fruit or 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 6 fresh cilantro stems (optional)
- Spoon yogurt onto several layers of heavy-duty paper towels; spread to 1/2-inch thickness. Cover with additional paper towels, and let stand 5 minutes.
- Scrape into a bowl using a rubber spatula. Cover and refrigerate.
- While yogurt stands, combine the paprika, salt, cumin, curry, red pepper, and cinnamon.
- Bring 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika mixture, dried fruit, water, and broth to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in the couscous.
- Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- While couscous stands, melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle shrimp with remaining paprika mixture.
- Add shrimp to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until done.
- Spoon 1/2 cup couscous in center of each plate.
- Top each with 1/2 cup shrimp and 1 tablespoon yogurt. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Very quick and very good. I would definitely make it again, I followed the recipe exactly.
This was quite simple, very fast and delicious! I prepared the yoghurt and then forgot to serve it. The spices were great even without it. Thank you for sharing!
Delicious! I scaled this down to make lunch for one, but I'm sure my family would enjoy it as well. Loved the spice combination and the raisins. Thanks for sharing!