1/2 Photos of Moroccan Shrimp With Couscous
ZWT3 is coming soon! This is from Cooking Light
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup mixed dried fruit or 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 lbs peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 6 fresh cilantro stems (optional)
- 1Spoon yogurt onto several layers of heavy-duty paper towels; spread to 1/2-inch thickness. Cover with additional paper towels, and let stand 5 minutes.
- 2Scrape into a bowl using a rubber spatula. Cover and refrigerate.
- 3While yogurt stands, combine the paprika, salt, cumin, curry, red pepper, and cinnamon.
- 4Bring 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika mixture, dried fruit, water, and broth to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in the couscous.
- 5Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- 6While couscous stands, melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 7Sprinkle shrimp with remaining paprika mixture.
- 8Add shrimp to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until done.
- 9Spoon 1/2 cup couscous in center of each plate.
- 10Top each with 1/2 cup shrimp and 1 tablespoon yogurt. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Shrimp With Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.7
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 150.1 mg
- Sodium 978.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 21.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth