Recipe by Mysterygirl
A different and flavorful way to make pork. Also good with deboned, skinless chicken breasts. I got this from a diabetic cooking magazine but anyone will enjoy it.
Top Review by Derf
Mysterygirl, a very nice different way with pork chops, very enjoyable!!Fruits, spices and nuts !!! how can you beat it!!! We made half a recipe for dinner, it was quite delicious and we will do again, easy and reasonabley quick, I had to cook our pork chops twice as long, probably because they were very thick. Thanks for sharing.
- 4 boneless pork chops, 3/4 inch thick
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine seasonings.
- Rub mixture on both sides of pork chops.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook chops, turning once about 6-8 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Prepare couscous according to directions on package and add the fruit and nuts to the cooking water.
- To serve, place couscous on a platter and top with the pork chops.