Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick and easy chicken dinner made on the stove top.
- 14.79 ml sweet paprika
- 9.85 ml turmeric
- 9.85 ml ground coriander
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 907.18 g chicken, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 lemons (1 thinly sliced, the other juiced)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 591.47 ml chicken stock
- 236.59 ml large green olives
- 14.79 ml butter
- 354.88 ml couscous
- 59.14 ml pine nuts, toasted
- 236.59 ml fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine paprika, turmeric, coriander, cumin and cinnamon; add chicken and toss.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat and cook chicken until browned, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic and lemon slices; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is softened, about 6 minutes.
- Add 1 cup chicken stock, olives, and lemon juice; scrape brown bits from bottom of pan, remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining chicken stock and butter in a medium saucepan until boiling; stir in couscous, cover, and turn off the heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and stir in pine nuts.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over the couscous and sprinkle with parsley.
I used preserved lemon in this dish & left out the pine nuts. Very simple to make & tasty too. Made for ZWT 6- No-Nonsense Nibblers
This was really good. I'm not usually a big fan of couscous, but really enjoyed the pine nuts in it. The chicken and sauce had lots of yummy flavor. Thanks Ice Cool Kitty for sharing. Made by an Unruly Under the Influence for ZWT6.
This was very flavorful, easy to make and loved the chicken with the spices and sauce and the couscous with the pine nuts. Made for ZWT6 for the No-Nonsense Nibblers