- 14.79 ml sweet paprika
- 9.85 ml turmeric
- 9.85 ml ground coriander
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 907.18 g chicken, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 lemons (1 thinly sliced, the other juiced)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 591.47 ml chicken stock
- 236.59 ml large green olives
- 14.79 ml butter
- 354.88 ml couscous
- 59.14 ml pine nuts, toasted
- 236.59 ml fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine paprika, turmeric, coriander, cumin and cinnamon; add chicken and toss.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat and cook chicken until browned, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic and lemon slices; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is softened, about 6 minutes.
- Add 1 cup chicken stock, olives, and lemon juice; scrape brown bits from bottom of pan, remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining chicken stock and butter in a medium saucepan until boiling; stir in couscous, cover, and turn off the heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and stir in pine nuts.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over the couscous and sprinkle with parsley.