1/2 Photos of Moroccan Seasoned Chicken With Pine Nut Couscous
Quick and easy chicken dinner made on the stove top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 lemons (1 thinly sliced, the other juiced)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup large green olives
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1In a large bowl, combine paprika, turmeric, coriander, cumin and cinnamon; add chicken and toss.
- 2In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat and cook chicken until browned, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- 3Add onion, garlic and lemon slices; season with salt and pepper.
- 4Cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is softened, about 6 minutes.
- 5Add 1 cup chicken stock, olives, and lemon juice; scrape brown bits from bottom of pan, remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper.
- 6Heat the remaining chicken stock and butter in a medium saucepan until boiling; stir in couscous, cover, and turn off the heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- 7Fluff couscous with a fork and stir in pine nuts.
- 8Serve the chicken and sauce over the couscous and sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Seasoned Chicken With Pine Nut Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.6
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 77.0 mg
- Sodium 583.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 27.6 g