Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From "Jane Brody's Good Seafood Book", 1994. Cook time does not include chilling.
Make and share this Moroccan Seafood Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups bite-sized broccoli florets
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced scallion, including green tops (about 6)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 1⁄4 cup currants or 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 lb bite-sized cooked seafood (shrimp, bay scallops, crab, surimi, etc)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked couscous
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional) or 1⁄4 cup other nuts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (can include some hot curry powder to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes (to taste)
- Steam the broccoli florets for 5 minutes, then immediate refresh them under cold running water. Drain well and place in a large bowl.
- Add the scallions, red bell pepper, currants or raisins,,and seafood (except surimi, which must be added after tossing. Set the bowl aside.
- Bring the broth to a boil in a medium sized saucepan that has a tight-fitting lid. Add the couscous, parsley, and thyme, and cook the mixture for 30 SECONDS. Remove the pan from heat, cover, and let the mixture stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl or a jar with a leak-proof lid. Whisk or shake the dressing until the oil is emulsified.
- When the couscous is done, add it while it is still hot to the vegetable mixture in the bowl and toss the ingredients to combine them well. Add the dressing and toss well again. If you are using sliced surimi sticks, add them now and toss gently.
- Cover and chill the salad for at least one hour. Before serving, sprinkle it with the optional nuts.