From "Jane Brody's Good Seafood Book", 1994. Cook time does not include chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups bite-sized broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced scallion, including green tops (about 6)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 1/4 cup currants or 1/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 lb bite-sized cooked seafood (shrimp, bay scallops, crab, surimi, etc)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked couscous
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional) or 1/4 cup other nuts (optional)
- 1Steam the broccoli florets for 5 minutes, then immediate refresh them under cold running water. Drain well and place in a large bowl.
- 2Add the scallions, red bell pepper, currants or raisins,,and seafood (except surimi, which must be added after tossing. Set the bowl aside.
- 3Bring the broth to a boil in a medium sized saucepan that has a tight-fitting lid. Add the couscous, parsley, and thyme, and cook the mixture for 30 SECONDS. Remove the pan from heat, cover, and let the mixture stand for 5 minutes.
- 4Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl or a jar with a leak-proof lid. Whisk or shake the dressing until the oil is emulsified.
- 5When the couscous is done, add it while it is still hot to the vegetable mixture in the bowl and toss the ingredients to combine them well. Add the dressing and toss well again. If you are using sliced surimi sticks, add them now and toss gently.
- 6Cover and chill the salad for at least one hour. Before serving, sprinkle it with the optional nuts.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Seafood Salad
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.3
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 396.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: