1/2 Photos of Moroccan Seafood and Broccoli Salad
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
echo echo's Note:
Modified version of a Jane Brody recipe. You can substitute sliced surimi sticks for the shrimp or scallops but, if you do so, do not add until salad has been dressed and tossed or the surimi will shred. Cooking (passive) time also includes chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 6 slender scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 1 medium red bell peppers or 1 medium yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup currants (optional) or 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 3/4 lb small shrimp or 3/4 lb bay scallop, cooked
- 3 cups chicken broth or 3 cups chicken bouillon
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1Steam broccoli 5 minutes, drain and refresh under cold running water; place in large bowl.
- 2Add scallions through seafood.
- 3Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the couscous, parsley and thyme, and cook 30 seconds; remove pan from heat, cover tightly and let stand 5 minutes.
- 4Make dressing: Whisk the seasonings into the lemon juice; gradually mix oil into the lemon juice until emulsified.
- 5Add the couscous, while still hot, to the vegetable mixture; add the dressing and toss to combine well.
- 6Chill at least 1 hour.
- 7Sprinkle with chopped pecans, pine nuts or other nuts of your choice before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Seafood and Broccoli Salad
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.1
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 86.4 mg
- Sodium 487.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 21.5 g