Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
This recipe is from Epicurious. We love it served with grilled fish crumbed with a seasoned flour mix by Tandaco (for the Australians).
Top Review by echo echo
This was very, very good with baked fish. I plumped the raisins in warm water a few min before adding. I only used 3 Tbsp oil because I couldn't see where in the recipe the other 2 are used.
- 3 medium red bell peppers
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives or 1⁄2 cup other brine-cured black olives
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons packed chopped of fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon scant cayenne
Directions See How It's Made
- Char peppers over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides, turning frequently with tongs.
- Transfer peppers to medium bowl. Cover with foil; let stand 10 minutes.
- Peel, seed and coarsely chop peppers; return to same bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy small skillet over medium heat.
- Add cumin and cinnamon; stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour oil mixture over peppers.
- Mix in olives, next 7 ingredients and 2 tablespoons oil.
- Season salsa with salt and pepper. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover; let stand at room temperature, tossing occasionally.).