Recipe by CaliforniaJan
This is a great alternative to the standard salmon patty recipe using couscous, spinach, and cumin for an exotic flavor.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup couscous
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can red salmon, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the sauce, in a small stainless steel or glass bowl, stir together mayonnaise, garlic, and paprika. Set aside.
- Prepare couscous according to package directions using the 2/3 cup of orange juice in place of water.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked couscous, red salmon, drained spinach, egg yolks, garlic, cumin, black pepper, and salt. Form into patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil and fry patties until golden brown turning once, about 8 to 10 minutes. Serve with garlic mayonnaise sauce.