Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from the October 2006 issue of Cooking Light magazine. the magazine describe it as, " Peppers, tangy lemon slices, and heady spices come together in this simple dish that yields tender fish and vegetables in a flavourful sauce. Serve in bowls over couscous or basmati rice to soak up the tasty juices."
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 24 ounces salmon fillets, boneless skinless
- cooking spray
- 1 lemon
- 1 1⁄2 cups red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large plum tomato, cut crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a large bowl. Add salmon, turning to coat. Cover and let stand 15 minutes. Remove salmon, reserving marinade. Place salmon in a 13x9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cut lemon in half lengthwise; cut 1 lemon half crosswise into 1/8 inch thick slices. Reserve remaining lemon half for another use.
- Add the lemon slices, red and green bell pepper slices, 2 Tbsp of water and tomato slices to marinade; stir gently to coat. Arrange lemon mixture in an even layer over salmon; cover with foil.
- Bake at 400°F oven for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Place 1 fillet on each of 4 plates over rice. Top each serving with about 1/2 cup lemon mixture and drizzle each serving with about 2 1/2 Tbsp pan juices.
This is a nice salmon dish! I scaled the recipe to 1 serving with good results. This is very nice combination of veggies and spices that pair well with the flavor of the salmon. Thanks for posting this recipe! Made for the Best of 2008 event
This is definitely a keeper! Even though I had to skip the red and green bell peppers, the salmon still tasted juicy and the juice is fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing! :)
Wow! I was really surprised how much I loved this dish! I scaled the recipe down for one. Great recipe, that I will definitly make again! Thanks Lainey!