Top Review by Holly Mercer
Very nice; spicy and a bit tart. I messed up many things making it: No raisins in the house, only dried parsley and to top it off, I oversalted badly. And my family STILL wolfed it down. I can't wait to try making it right!
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley
- 1 cup raisins
- lettuce leaf, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice carrots diagonally into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Cook carrots in boiling water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again.
- While carrots cool, in medium bowl, combine lemon juice, sugar, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, salt and cayenne pepper; stir to dissolve sugar and salt.
- Stir in olive oil, parsley, and raisins.
- Add carrots and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour to chill and blend flavors.
- Stir occasionally.
- Serve on lettuce leaves, if desired.