Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Slice carrots diagonally into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Cook carrots in boiling water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again.
- While carrots cool, in medium bowl, combine lemon juice, sugar, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, salt and cayenne pepper; stir to dissolve sugar and salt.
- Stir in olive oil, parsley, and raisins.
- Add carrots and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour to chill and blend flavors.
- Stir occasionally.
- Serve on lettuce leaves, if desired.
Very nice; spicy and a bit tart. I messed up many things making it: No raisins in the house, only dried parsley and to top it off, I oversalted badly. And my family STILL wolfed it down. I can't wait to try making it right!
This was a nice change from the usual salad and was a great way to use up some of the overabundance of carrots in the house. It did seem to make a big quantity. One of the guests didn't like the cumin and I would probably add less of it next time it is made.