Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this recipe in a little magazine that our local hospital puts out monthly. I haven't made this yet but wanted to save. I am guessing at times.
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced and divided
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- 1 cup kidney bean
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- snow peas, cooked crisp tender
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- In a pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute 1/2 tsp garlic and add 1 tablespoon lemon juice and vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil and add couscous, then cover the pot and remove from the heat. Let sit for 5 minutes and then fluff with a fork, add parsley and set aside.
- When cool, add snow peas, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, green onions, peanuts and cranberries.
- For dressing, mix together remaining 1/2 tsp minced garlic and 3 Tbsp lemon juice, olive oil and hot sauce. Toss the dressing with the couscous mixture.