Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
The combination of flavours evokes Moroccan cuisine.Wonderful combination!
Make and share this Moroccan Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Slice carrots, diagonally, into pieces.
- Cook carrots in boiling water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again.
- Set aside to cool.
- Combine lemon juice, sugar, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir to dissolve sugar and salt.
- Stir in olive oil, parsley, and raisins.
- Add carrots and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour or overnight to chill and blend flavors.
- Stir occasionally.
- Serve on lettuce leaves, if desired.
- Cooking time means refrigeration time.
This got a positive 4 stars. I might increase the cayenne slightly next time around. All in all it is a good salad and something I would make again. Made for *ZWT6*
My husband loved this...I thought it was okay...but not something I wanted to eat again. Hence the #4 rating...He would have given it a 5 and I would have given it a 3. Made for ZWT #6 - 2010.
I really love this recipe, and almost didn't expect the seasonings to blend so well with the carrots and raisins, but it did. I do believe the lemon juice and evened things out between the sweetness of the sugar and cinnamon, and the zing of the cumin and cayenne pepper.