- 1 lb baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice carrots, diagonally, into pieces.
- Cook carrots in boiling water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again.
- Set aside to cool.
- Combine lemon juice, sugar, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir to dissolve sugar and salt.
- Stir in olive oil, parsley, and raisins.
- Add carrots and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour or overnight to chill and blend flavors.
- Stir occasionally.
- Serve on lettuce leaves, if desired.
- Cooking time means refrigeration time.