Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A Moroccan style rice salad to serve as a side. If following a gluten-free diet, be sure that all of your spices are suitable. Adapted from a Suzanne Gibbs recipe. Cooking time is just the time required to cook the rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain brown rice
- 6 green onions, finely chopped (shallots)
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 1⁄3 cup toasted almond, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup fresh dates, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint, torn
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Cook rice and drain well . (Follow the directions on the package for cooking).
- Place warm rice in a large bowl and add all remaining ingredients, except for the oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss to combine, adding just enough oil to moisten rice.
- Serve salad warm or at room temperature.
Delicious flavors, made as directed. Thanks, Jubes! Made for Aussie Kiwi Recipe Swap #78.
This was really, really delucious.
make this, its awesome used studentchefs lime pepper and ellies brown rice cooker recipe ,i dialed back on the cumin zwt9