1/2 Photos of Moroccan Rice Salad (Gluten-Free)
A Moroccan style rice salad to serve as a side. If following a gluten-free diet, be sure that all of your spices are suitable. Adapted from a Suzanne Gibbs recipe. Cooking time is just the time required to cook the rice
My Private Note
rice sa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups long grain brown rice
- 6 green onions, finely chopped (shallots)
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 1/3 cup toasted almond, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh dates, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint, torn
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1Cook rice and drain well . (Follow the directions on the package for cooking).
- 2Place warm rice in a large bowl and add all remaining ingredients, except for the oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3Toss to combine, adding just enough oil to moisten rice.
- 4Serve salad warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Moroccan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Rice Salad (Gluten-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.4
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 6.0 g