Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, to taste
- 4 cups cooked basmati rice, cooled to room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup peeled and chopped tart apple
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- salt, black pepper
- 3 cups torn leaf lettuce
- In medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, oil, sugar and curry powder.
- Stir in rice, apples, green onions, raisins and chives and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Let stand 20 minutes or until flavors blend.
- Serve over lettuce.
People who contribute to improving the quality of your life deserve to be acknowledged and appreciated. Your salad was wonderful and I appreciate your sharing it with all of us. Thank you.
I selected this recipe as part of the Bonus Round after RSC #9 to get contest entries reviewed. I am happy I chose this one. I liked the combination of fruit & rice and thought it made a nice side dish with the baked chicken I served it with. I did reduce the amount of rice by half and up the curry powder due to personal preferences. Using the amount of rice I did the dressing was creamy and plenty to coat everything. Thank you for sharing your recipe!