1/1 Photo of Moroccan Rice Pilaf
The word pilaf is enough to send me right to the dining table with a mouth that can't wait any longer to begin my meal. This is a wonderful pilaf(pulao) from the Thursday magazine dated August 10-16'06. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Melt butter on medium-low heat in a small ovenproof pot.
- 3Fold in onions and stir well.
- 4Cook for 3-4 minutes until onions turn translucent but are not browned.
- 5Add cumin, cayenne pepper, paprika and rice.
- 6Stir well so that the rice is evenly coated with butter.
- 7Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- 8Stir in stock and raisins.
- 9Bring to a boil on high heat.
- 10Once the stock comes to a boil, cover the pot and let the pilaf cook in the oven for 18 minutes.
- 11Fold in salt, pepper and almonds before fluffing with a fork and serving.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Rice Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.3
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 1.7 mg
- Sodium 5.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 3.7 g