Recipe by Latchy
I haven't made this it comes from a Good Taste magazine. Putting it here as I want to try it myself. I would say it would go well with char grilled lamb cutlets
- 200 g basmati rice
- 500 -750 ml chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, halved and finely chopped
- 65 g slivered almonds
- 80 g pine nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch chili powder (your taste)
- 65 g raisins
- 1 orange, rind cut into very thin strips, juiced
- 1⁄3 cup loosely packed coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- fresh goround pepper, to your taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse rice under cold water until water runs clear; drain.
- Place rice in a microwave-safe rice cooker or bowl.
- Add enough stock until it covers the rice by 2cm.
- Cover with a lid or a double layer of plastic wrap and Cook on High/800watts/100% for 5 minutes.
- Cook on Medium/500watts/50% for a further 7 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and set aside.
- Meanwhile place oil, onion, almonds, pine nuts, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon and chili powder in a microwave safe rice cooker or bowl.
- Cook uncovered stirring every minute on High for 3 to 4 minutes or until the nuts are toasted and the mixture is fragrant.
- Add raisins, orange rind and juice.
- Cook on high for 1 minute.
- Add the nut mixture and coriander to the rice and stir gently to combine.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.