2 hrs 15 mins
We have cooked both types of roast, both on the bbq grill and in the oven, either way they are delicious, lots of taste, if you prefer rare, remove earlier. The veggies are wonderful and it is great to have a whole meal in one carefree operation. Marinating time up to 24 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lemons, rind of, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seed, crushed
- 1/2-1 teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 -5 lbs beef rib roast or 4 -5 lbs leg of lamb
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and cut into silvers
- assorted peeled and cut up vegetables, such as potatoes,carrots,turnips and peppers
- 1Stir together coriander seed, lemon peel, olive oil, cumin, red pepper, and salt in a small bowl.
- 2Rub surface of rib roast thouroughly with coriander mixture.
- 3Cut 1/2 inch wide slits randomly into top and sides of roast.
- 4Insert garlic slivers deep into slits.
- 5Cover and refrigerate roast for up 24 hours, if desired.
- 6Prepare grill for indirect grilling.
- 7Test for medium heat above the drip pan.
- 8Place roast on the lightly oiled grill rack over drip pan.
- 9Cover and grill for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until an instant read thermoter inserted into the centre of the roast registers 155f degrees for medium doneness.
- 10Add assorted cut up veggies to grill during the last 45 minutes of cooking, removing setting them aside as they become tender.
- 11Carve rib roast and serve with grilled veggies.
- 12If using a leg of lamb, grill for 2 to 3 hours or until thermometer reads 155f degrees for medium doneness.
- 13Either beef or lamb roast may also be cooked in the oven at 400f degrees until thermometer reads 155f degrees for medium doneness, for approximately the same number of hours.
- 14Add veggies to the oven rack outside the roasting pan for about the last hour of cooking.
- 15Serve with roast.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Rib Roast or Leg of Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (6 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 850.4
- Calories from Fat 688
- Total Fat 76.5 g
- Saturated Fat 31.3 g
- Cholesterol 165.5 mg
- Sodium 267.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 36.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: