1/5 Photos of Moroccan Red Snapper With Cumin Seeds
1 hr 15 mins
Chef Kate's Note:
A lovely roasted fish from Morocco, originally appeared in Saveur in 1999. Cook time includes thirty minutes marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 44.37 ml toasted cumin seeds
- 12 peeled crushed garlic cloves
- 1 bunch chopped fresh parsley
- 14.78 ml salt
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 2 (2721.55 g) cleaned scaled red snapper
- 3 sliced peeled carrots
- 12 sliced new potatoes
- 4 sliced tomatoes
- 1 sliced sliced seeded stemmed green bell pepper
- 1 sliced lemon
- 5 whole mild green chilies (such as anaheims)
- 118.29 ml water
- 118.29 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1Grind together cumin seeds, garlic cloves, chopped parsley and salt with a mortar and pestle.
- 2Transfer to a small bowl and mix in the lemon juice.
- 3Place red snappers in a large, shallow baking pan and rub spice mixture all over fish.
- 4Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 500°.
- 5Remove fish from refrigerator and scatter carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, green bell pepper, sliced lemon, green chiles (such as anaheims) over and around fish.
- 6Pour water and extra-virgin olive oil over fish and vegetables.
- 7Bake, basting often, until fish is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Red Snapper With Cumin Seeds
Serving Size: 1 (1092 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 957.0
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 168.2 mg
- Sodium 2230.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 103.7 g