1/2 Photos of Moroccan Pumpkin Soup (L'hamraak Garagh)
1 hr 42 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is definitely something "different" than your usual Thanksgiving fare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dried garbanzo beans
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 leeks, white and light green part only or 2 large onions
- 8 cups chicken broth or 8 cups vegetable broth
- 6 cups fresh pumpkin or 6 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded & diced or 4 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 2 -4 tablespoons honey
- 1 cinnamon sticks or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice or 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg or 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1Cover the chickpeas with water.
- 2Cover and allow to soak overnight.
- 4Saute the leeks in the oil over medium heat until soft and translucent,approximately 5-10 minutes.
- 5Add the broth, pumpkin cubes or puree, chickpeas, honey, spices and salt to the pan.
- 6Cover and simmer until the chickpeas are tender, about 1 1/4 hours.
- 7If using the cinnamon stick, discard it.
- 8If desired, transfer the soup to a blender and puree until smooth.
- 9Season to taste.
- 10Note: Sugar pumpkins are eating pumpkins.
- 11They are considerably smaller than ornamental carving pumpkins.
- 12For Vegan option do not use honey. And for Vegetarian do not use Chicken broth.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Pumpkin Soup (L'hamraak Garagh)
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.5
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1067.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 11.0 g