Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
harissa is often available in supermarkets but there are plenty of recipies here to make your own too.
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 250 g baby onions, peeled
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 29.58 ml harissa
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 900 ml vegetable stock
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut in wedges
- 450 g pumpkin, in wedges
- 150 g baby corn
- 150 g sugar snap peas
- 350 g cherry tomatoes
- 29.58 ml cornflour
- 44.37 ml chopped of fresh mint
- 59.14 ml coriander leaves
- heat the oil in a large pan. Fry onion and garlic bulb for 5 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes, harissa, cinnamon and stock. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes and bring to boil, simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and baby corn and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Add peas and cherry toms and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the bulb and carefully remove the flesh and mash well. Add mash back into pan.
- Season if desired. Mix cornflour with 2 tbsp water and add to pan. Bring to boil and stir until thickened.
- Remove cinnamon and add the mint and coriander.
- Serve with cous cous or crusty bread.
Out of this world delicious sweet and hot stew with plenty vegetables, color and flavor. I am using berbere harissa, so just 2 ts made it rather hot.