This is sounds like such a big recipe but if you just follow the steps it is not as daunting as it sounds and the end result is gorgeous. I made this as I have been trying to recreate a recipe I have had at a local restaurant. I know this is not exactly how they would make it but it tasted wonderful and both myself and my hubby absolutely loved this.
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons fish stock granules (a good flavoursome one.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons hot mango chutney (as I add it I like to remove any big mango chunks.)
- 2 tablespoons sweet mango chutney
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 large green prawns
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped (diced)
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 100 g red currants
- 1 liter water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable bouillon granules
- 1 (125 g) sachet quick-cooking couscous
- Combine all sauce ingredients, heat over medium heat and stir until well combined, leave over a low heat while making the rest, stir occasionally.
- Add the oil to a pan, cook vegetables, stirring, until just tender, keep warm.
- Add water to a large pan with stock and bring to the boil, add sachet and cook for about 3-4 minutes, or according to packet instructions.
- Remove and pour into a large bowl, fluff with fork, combine vegetables. Gently stir in red currants reserving a few to sprinkle over the top.
- Heat oil in a pan over a medium heat, add garlic, cook stirring until aroma rises, add the rest of the spices, stir for a minute, add prawns and toss to coat in spice.
- Cook until prawns are opaque, add parsley coat and cook for another minute or until prawns are cooked through.
- To Serve: Place couscous in a mound on a plate, arrange prawns over couscous and spoon sauce around the outside of the couscous, garnish with extra red currants.