1/6 Photos of Moroccan Prawns With Couscous
The Flying Chef's Note:
This is sounds like such a big recipe but if you just follow the steps it is not as daunting as it sounds and the end result is gorgeous. I made this as I have been trying to recreate a recipe I have had at a local restaurant. I know this is not exactly how they would make it but it tasted wonderful and both myself and my hubby absolutely loved this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons fish stock granules (a good flavoursome one.)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons hot mango chutney (as I add it I like to remove any big mango chunks.)
- 2 tablespoons sweet mango chutney
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 large green prawns
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped (diced)
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 100 g red currants
- 2Combine all sauce ingredients, heat over medium heat and stir until well combined, leave over a low heat while making the rest, stir occasionally.
- 4Add the oil to a pan, cook vegetables, stirring, until just tender, keep warm.
- 6Add water to a large pan with stock and bring to the boil, add sachet and cook for about 3-4 minutes, or according to packet instructions.
- 7Remove and pour into a large bowl, fluff with fork, combine vegetables. Gently stir in red currants reserving a few to sprinkle over the top.
- 9Heat oil in a pan over a medium heat, add garlic, cook stirring until aroma rises, add the rest of the spices, stir for a minute, add prawns and toss to coat in spice.
- 10Cook until prawns are opaque, add parsley coat and cook for another minute or until prawns are cooked through.
- 11To Serve: Place couscous in a mound on a plate, arrange prawns over couscous and spoon sauce around the outside of the couscous, garnish with extra red currants.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Prawns With Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (1017 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 665.0
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 37.8 mg
- Sodium 231.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 16.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fish stock granules
vegetable bouillon granules