Recipe by The Flying Chef
This is sounds like such a big recipe but if you just follow the steps it is not as daunting as it sounds and the end result is gorgeous. I made this as I have been trying to recreate a recipe I have had at a local restaurant. I know this is not exactly how they would make it but it tasted wonderful and both myself and my hubby absolutely loved this.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Very true, this recipe is more simple than it at first appears, in fact, its very simple, and well-explained, everything gets prepare in its time, and then comes together. I did my veg prep work first, made the couscous and left it to sit, made the sauce and left it to keep warm, prepared the veg and mixed them with the couscous, made the prawns.. and served. We Loved this, the sauce is wonderful, tangy without being sharp, a great accompaniment to the prawns (although they are so delicious, they could stand alone) and especially the veg/couscous, I could also eat that by itself! All in all, an impressive and delicious meal, thanks for a real treat, FC! Oh, no red currants, I don't even know if I can get them here. Sorry about that, I'm sure they would just be the perfect finishing touch!
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons fish stock granules (a good flavoursome one.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons hot mango chutney (as I add it I like to remove any big mango chunks.)
- 2 tablespoons sweet mango chutney
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 large green prawns
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped (diced)
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 100 g red currants
- 1 liter water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable bouillon granules
- 1 (125 g) sachet quick-cooking couscous
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all sauce ingredients, heat over medium heat and stir until well combined, leave over a low heat while making the rest, stir occasionally.
- Add the oil to a pan, cook vegetables, stirring, until just tender, keep warm.
- Add water to a large pan with stock and bring to the boil, add sachet and cook for about 3-4 minutes, or according to packet instructions.
- Remove and pour into a large bowl, fluff with fork, combine vegetables. Gently stir in red currants reserving a few to sprinkle over the top.
- Heat oil in a pan over a medium heat, add garlic, cook stirring until aroma rises, add the rest of the spices, stir for a minute, add prawns and toss to coat in spice.
- Cook until prawns are opaque, add parsley coat and cook for another minute or until prawns are cooked through.
- To Serve: Place couscous in a mound on a plate, arrange prawns over couscous and spoon sauce around the outside of the couscous, garnish with extra red currants.